Volunteer With Us!
Do you have a passion for reducing food waste and food poverty? Then come and join our team!
There are also many other reasons why people volunteer with us – to give something back, to do something meaningful, to meet new people, gain confidence, share skills, learn new skills or to try something new. FareShare South West is a great place to do all of those things and much more.
How to apply
Download and complete the application form and e-mail it to us at:
Or print, complete and post it to us at:
Fareshare South West
Little Ann Street
Or call us on 0117 954 2220.
Training and Vocational support.
By volunteering with us, it is a good way to gain experience and practice skills in a real warehouse environment. This could be the perfect opportunity if you are looking to work within the field of warehouse and storage or van delivery and it looks great on your CV. We also have people who volunteer their time in the office. We work with local training providers and provide the opportunity for accreditation, we also provide 1:1 support for volunteers who wish to follow different vocational goals…whatever they may be!
“Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with a great group of volunteers; I have really enjoyed giving my time helping out in the local community. You have helped me build my confidence by giving me some structure and focus which I know has helped me in getting full time employment.” (Volunteer who has been successful with employment).
WE ARE LOOKING TO FILL THE VOLUNTEERING ROLES BELOW:
- Warehouse volunteers- We need volunteers again! We are looking for volunteers to help with the day to day operations in the warehouse. The duties involved in this role include picking orders to go to community projects, the sorting food that we receive and going out on the vans to deliver food as a driver’s mate.
- Volunteer drivers- We are looking for drivers to drive our vans, collect the food and deliver it to projects in the community. Experience of driving vans is essential and a knowledge of the local area is desirable. You will get to see where the food comes from and who benefits from it which is an eye-opening and rewarding experience.
- Stock Control volunteers – This role would suit a person experienced in stock control but this is not essential. If you like numbers and organising then this could be the role for you! We need someone to carry out daily stock checks and oversee food being stored in our fridges and liaise with other volunteers and staff. The role may include other general warehouse tasks.
- Cycle delivery courier volunteers– We are looking to expand our team of volunteers who collect small amounts of food from our nearby food partners and deliver it to local projects by electric bike. It is fun and sociable plus a great way to keep fit!
What do you need from me?
- If volunteering in the warehouse, you will need to be able to commit yourself to at least one shift (half day) per fortnight. Otherwise we can be flexible – the more regular time you can give us, the greater the benefit and the more you will get out of your time with us!
- Commitment to equal opportunities, adherence to the corporate policies of FareShare and recognition of the need for confidentiality are all essential.
- All volunteers need to be able to follow procedures, especially relating to food hygiene
No specific experience is needed to volunteer – just bring what you do, to what we do – together we can make tomorrow a better day for thousands of people in the South West.