Work with us
You’ll find all current job vacancies on this page.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to hear about new roles at FareShare South West.
Job title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Bristol warehouses
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Contract: Permanent, 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), 5% pension contribution
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (hours between 7.30am – 5pm depending on shift pattern, occasional evening shifts and weekend work)
Responsible for: Deputy Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisors, Drivers, Seasonal workers, contractors & Volunteers
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 3 December
Do you care about doing something worthwhile with your working day? Passionate about supporting people at work and beyond? At FareShare South West, you can make a real difference to the 1 million people in the south west who are going hungry.
We’re the region’s largest food charity. We join the dots between food waste and hunger, transforming an environmental problem into social good.
Working at one of our two Bristol warehouses, the Warehouse Manager is fundamental to our operations. The right person will combine logistics or warehousing experience with empathetic management of both staff and volunteers. In return, you’ll be part of an inclusive and friendly team in a small but fast-growing charity doing impactful and rewarding work.
Purpose of role:
The role of Warehouse Manager requires strong leadership in a constantly changing and growing environment of a food distribution charity. Creating structure and delegating accordingly is key within this role, where each day can vary with multi-layered activities. Working within a dedicated staff team with a large pool of volunteers, many of whom have been or are vulnerable. The role requires sensitivity and empathy alongside organisation and management of individuals. The successful candidate must have experience of working in the logistics or warehousing industry and have experience of leadership.
- lead a FareShare South West warehouse, ensuring that operations are managed effectively, safely, and to required levels of compliance with regulations
- ensure a viable workforce is maintained, made up of staff and volunteers which are supported, safe, and motivated to deliver against operational targets
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- At least one years’ experience of working in at least one of the following areas: voluntary sector management, food distribution, warehousing operation management
- Experience of supervising/managing staff and/or volunteers and delegating tasks
- Experience of delivering training
- Ability to develop, initiate and maintain systems and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative and organisational ability
- Problem solver and competent decision maker who is able to prioritise effectively and take ownership of their decisions
- Full UK driving licence and confident driving
- IT competent and able to use various IT platforms/systems
- A clear commitment to the ethos of FareShare Southwest, and to the agreed plans of the organisation, and able to positively contribute towards its achievement
- Experience and knowledge of adhering to health and safety standards within a warehouse operation
- Forklift Truck operators’ qualification (or willing to train as an essential part of the role)
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience:
- Voluntary sector experience
- Experience of working with people who require support
- Experience of working within a food operation
Download the full job description, including full details of the role and responsibilities.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Sunday 3 December. We are planning to conduct interviews on the 12 and 13 December. If you have any questions about the role or need to apply in a different way, please contact email@example.com or call 0117 9542220.
We may close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Volunteer: Graphic Designer (Bristol)
We’re looking for a top notch graphic designer to create eye-catching, on brand artwork to accompany our campaigns, events and everyday operations. If you’ve got time to spare and would like to help build the FareShare South West brand, get in touch!
For general enquiries about working with FareShare South West, get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about our volunteering programme and the roles available, check out our volunteer page.