Donate from midday 30th November and make your donation count twice!
Click here to donate via the Big Give Christmas Challenge and DOUBLE your donation.
From midday on the 30th November our generous match funders will double your donation to FoodStock 2021. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to make one donation have twice the impact! Click here to donate.
Or make a general donation to FoodStock 2021 today via our website.
Building a stockpile of emergency food with the funds & infrastructure to deliver it to those in need.
This winter, FoodStock 2021 aims to bolster levels of food reaching frontline charities, schools and community groups who work with the most vulnerable during a difficult winter.
We had hoped the worst was over but for many things are worsening. The rising cost of living, higher energy bills, the end of furlough and a reduction in universal credit mean FoodStock 2021 is more vital than ever. With this in mind, between late October 2021 and January 2022, we aim to redistribute:
- food for over 1 million meals;
- supporting over 40,000 vulnerable people;
- with 5000 food parcels created for families.
Increasing challenges mean we need more support than ever.
The HGV crisis and food supply issues that the UK has faced this year have had a direct impact on us as a charity. We have seen a 30% reduction in food reaching our warehouses. A risk in food reaching us, means a risk that our frontline partners will not be able to feed those who need it most.
To be able to meet our FoodStock 2021 aims, whilst also continuing our normal operations to frontline settings, we need more support than ever.
“The disruption means increased costs to our charity, including organising last minute collections & deliveries of food, overhauling systems at short notice, and the costs associated with getting increasing amounts of short-dated food through our warehouses and to partners quickly, in order to avoid waste."Julian Mines, CEO of FareShare South West
How can you help us?
We’re calling on:
- food manufacturers, suppliers and retailers to get in touch to discuss redirecting their surplus or making food donations at scale.
- local businesses to become corporate supporters by organising fundraising activities, providing teams of volunteers to help us cover the 300 additional shifts needed for this operation, or to simply make a financial donation.
- the people of Bristol and the South West to tell your friends & colleagues about our campaign and to watch out (on our social media channels) for an opportunity to have your donation DOUBLED via a match-funder in late November.