This year, the incredible team at Field & Flower have pledged to donate a pair of turkey legs for every turkey crown they sell. And they’ve more than delivered. No less than 1/3 of a tonne – that’s 300kg – of turkey legs have made their way into the FareShare South West warehouse and been redistributed to charities and community groups across the South West, to provide Christmas dinner for more people this winter.
And they’ve sent us a simple recipe to make cooking turkey legs a breeze. Here’s how:
1. Remove the turkey legs from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you want to start cooking
2. Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
3. Place the turkey legs on a roasting tray and rub the skin with butter. Season generously with salt and pepper then place into a roasting tray.
4. Roast the legs for 1 hour, basting regularly with the roasting juices (cooking times may vary).
5. To check the meat is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the leg with a skewer and make sure the juices run clear.
Serve with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy for a delicious Christmas dinner!
For more turkey cooking tips, visit their website to download the full Christmas cooking guide.